Tips To Ensure Vaastu Shastra Compliance For the Interiors of your Home
Vaastu Shastra is a set of guidelines related to the positioning and directional alignments of various aspects of a home. It is believed that following these guidelines brings positive energy to the house, thereby bringing prosperity and improving the quality of living.
The past decade has seen Vaastu Shastra gain a lot of significance and most houses that are built today follow the basic Vaastu norms. However, Vaastu also has certain guidelines for the interior design of the house. Aspects like position of furniture, color of the wall etc. are also done based on Vaastu rules. There are several rules that have been recommended for a house and here are a few basic ones that every house must have:
Furniture: Sofa, chairs and other furniture should be placed in the west or south direction. The shape of the furniture should be square and rectangular only.
- Wall design: Chandeliers should be placed in the center of the room, portraits and other such things can be placed in the western wall of the room.
- Electronic products: TV and other electronic products should be in the southeast portion of the room.
- Color: The color of the walls can be white, yellow, green or blue. Red and black should be avoided.
- Cooking: Cooking should be done facing the east to ensure better positive energy.
- Heating appliances: Ovens, gas and other such appliances should be kept in the southeast direction.
- Washing: Washing tub or sinks should be in the northern portion of the kitchen.
- Electrical appliances: The northeast portion of the kitchen shouldn’t have any electrical appliances.
- Colors: For colors, kitchens should have a tinge red inside and utensils and other items can be used for it. Walls and floorings can be colored white or blue.
- The position of the bed should be facing south or west direction. Sleeping with the legs facing the south direction should be avoided.
- The almirah should be placed along the south or west walls.
2. Colors: Light colors are suitable for the walls and curtains. Lighter shades of brown and earthen color can be used for walls. Cream or pink colored tiles can be used for floors.
Bathtub: The bathtub in a bathroom should be placed in the west portion of the room.
- Heating appliances: Geysers should be in the southeast and in case there is an attached toilet the commode should be on the west or northwest of the room.
- Showers and taps: These can be attached to the northern wall which is also suitable for placing of mirrors.
- Colors: Choose bright and lively colors for the bathroom walls. The slope for flow of water should be from north to east.
Dining table: Shape of the table should be a perfect square or rectangle. Circular tables are not recommended. The table should be placed towards the east or west portion of the room.
- Colors: Orange and pink are suitable colors for the walls of the dining room.
Place of worship:
Position of the idol: It is important for every house to have a pooja room. The legs of the idol should be at chest level of the person sitting and worshipping.
- Vessels: The room should only use copper vessels especially for the ones that collect water. The deities and pictures should face the east or west.
- Doors: The doors of the room should have two shutters.
- Color: The color of the room should white, lemon or light blue. The floor should have white marble only.
In today’s scenario, not every home may have the ample space and requirements to satisfy all the Vaastu Shastra criteria. In such cases, it is pertinent to consult a Vaastu expert for better solutions. One should also take into consideration the fact that every Vaastu practitioner has his/her own understanding of the guidelines, thereby bringing about a lot of variants. The above mentioned guidelines are based on one of these variants. If your practitioner follows a different guideline variant, it would be prudent to stick to that particular variant.